Horse-Insurance.co.uk are underwritten by E&L® who have been providing Equine Insurance for over 20 years, so they are extremely experienced in this area of insurance. Horse-Insurance.co.uk offer cover for Horses aged up to 19 years of age, provide a 30% online discount and the ability to tailor your policy to suit your exact requirements.
You can obtain an online quotation and then proceed to buy online for instant cover. Their horse and pony insurance is an exclusive online policy.
Plus, if you take out a plan online you will receive a 30% discount.
Types of cover
Horse-Insurance.co.uk offer 1 type of cover:
- Horse-Insurance.co.uk will cover your horse aged between 31 days and 19 years.
Horse-Insurance cover is split into 2 different areas:
- Standard Benefits
- Optional Benefits
The Standard Benefits:
These policy benefits are mandatory and are in place so that you are offered a basic level of insurance for your horse or pony.
Death or Slaughter:
- Up to the sum insured or market value whichever is less, if the insured horse dies due to an accident, illness, or disease, or is not found within 28 days of being stolen or straying, plus an additional £300 for disposal costs and £500 for recovery costs.
Theft or Straying:
- They pay the market value or the sum insured, whichever is less, if the horse is not found within 28 days of it straying or being stolen, including up to £500 recovery costs.
The Optional Benefits
The following benefits are optional extras that you can add on to your policy, you may select as little or as many as you wish in order to build up the level of cover required.
- Legal liability to a third party for the damages and costs arising from your use of the insured horse up to £1.25 million.
Permanent Loss of Use:
- Up to the sum insured or market value, whichever is less, if the insured horse has an accident, illness or disease that permanently prevents it from carrying out the functions it is kept and insured for. Benefits reduced to 50% if horse 13 years and over.
- Death, total and permanent loss of sight or hearing, loss of two or more limbs, permanent total disablement, up to £12,500 or sum insured if less, minimum of £10,000.
- Emergency dental treatment up to £1,250. Benefits reduced to 25% for riders under 16.
- If the stable owned by you is destroyed or damaged beyond use by fire, up to £25 per week, with a maximum of £1,250 per incident.
- Maximum per incident up to £3,000 (plus up to £1,000 for vet recommended acupuncture, hydrotherapy, physiotherapy, laser treatment, ultrasound and remedial shoeing). No cover for illness/disease showing clinical signs within 14 days of policy inception.
Saddlery & Tack:
- Fire, accidental damage or theft following forcible/violent entry to a locked private building, up to £1,750 per incident. Single item limit £1,000.
Hire of Replacement Horse:
- Maximum of £25 per week up to £1,250 for the hire of a replacement horse between the date of theft or straying and payment of claim, or the date that the horse is recovered.